Vienna Sugar Blues Scholarships
One of the major changes of the third Vienna Sugar Blues Festival, taking place 28th-31st March 2019, is that we are providing eight scholarship passes.
Why is this important to us?
We believe that blues dance should be open to anyone, no matter where you come from, or what you earn.
We do know that attending a Bluesfestival includes costs such as the festival pass, accommodation, and travel. To give more people the opportunity to attend the Vienna Sugar Blues Festival we are giving away these eight scholarship passes.
For the reason of transparency, we want to add that the Vienna Sugar Blues Festival is a not-for-profit event. All the money we receive for the festival passes is solely used for financing the festival, e.g. paying for teachers, bands and venues. The work done by the organizers and other supporters is voluntary and unpaid.
With these scholarships we want to enable those to come to our festival who might otherwise not have the chance to attend because of financial reasons.
This year, we offer
- Four 100%-sponsored festival passes (Full or Partner Track)
- Four 50%-sponsored festival passes (Full or Partner Track)
Deadline for application: 26.10.2018, 23:59 CET
We want to be fair in assigning the scholarships, so a dedicated team will come together and decide upon their awarding. You will be informed whether you’ll be receiving the scholarship until 29th of October.
How do I apply?
Please tell us, why you should be receiving a scholarship, by sending us some information – your E-mail must include the following:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your local blues scene
- What does blues dance mean to you?
- Why should you receive the scholarship?
- Have you already attended a Blues Festival before? If yes, which ones?
- Have you been to Vienna Sugar Blues before?
- Where are you based?
- Registration details:
- Are you applying for a 100% or a 50% scholarship?
- Which Level (1 or 2)?
- Partner or Full Track?
- Lead or Follow?
- Do you want to register with a partner? (please note: we can’t guarantee a stipend for both of you!)
- Do you need hosting?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any question regarding the scholarships, please contact our responsible team member Andreas via email@example.com.